Inside Consultant Review on Rodan + Fields

My Honest Review of Rodan + Fields

(I will do a full review of individual products in separate post!)

How I Started Using Rodan and Fields....

I was first introduced to the company by a classmate/friend. Some how it came up in our conversations in class and I was very intrigued. She was already a consultant herself, so she was jumping up and down to see a potential customer or business partner. She was showing me the results of using the Unblemish regimen- (specific skincare system; there are four different ones). I'd never noticed her skin being broke out or having blemishes but her results really made me want to try the products. Her face before was just dull/clogged and in current pictures her skin GLOWED! So of course I got on her website looking to order a regimen and realized it cost $180! Plus tax and shipping! She insured me that it was well worth the money and would last up to six months. The holidays coming up, I told my grandmother that I wanted the products for Christmas. She tried to talk me out of it but I was sure I wanted to try it because my friend explained that you could send it back in 60 days for money back guaranteed. So Christmas finally gets here and I got my full Unblemished skin care regimen. I slowly eased my skin into using the products. Started every other day, once a day then worked my way up. I will picture below my before and after results from a months worth of using!

(Please excuse the bare makeup-less face but you can obviously see how much brighter my skin is in the right photo compared to the left. Pictures don't do it justice. Also in the before pic my skin has red, purple, uneven tones and the other picture is more of just one color!)

So my honest review on this unblemish...

  • Quality----I am already on my second one of these skin care regimens this year. I really have seen results in the past year. The biggest difference I have seen is applying my makeup. It goes on my skin so much smoother now. My mom was thinking that I had bought new makeup because she noticed a  difference in my skin but she soon realized it was my skincare regimen. The first step in the system is the Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash. The sulfur in it slowly bleaches the skin and made mine very white but looks so much clearer and even canvas under makeup. The second step is the Clarifying Toner, which stops redness. Next is the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment. This is the actual treatment for the breakouts. I will have to say my face honestly very rarely breaks out anymore! It prevents future breakouts from arising. Although I still do have some blackheads around my nose, but I have purchased other R+F products to treat them. The last step is Oil Control Lotion. I did like it because of it being creamy and having SPF added for sun protection. So as far as quality goes I was very satisfied.
  • Quantity-----So I have managed to make one complete set last for about 6 months. Which is pretty good in my opinion. The only complaint I have as far as quantity goes is the portion sizes of each step of the system. The first step, face wash, I never run out of. The toner and acne treatment will almost last as long just depending on how sparingly I use it. But the last step, moisturizer, I cannot make it last very long at all! It is a very small bottle.
  • Price---- OK so to back up what I was just saying about the portions of each step not being the same, each individual item is much more expensive just by itself. So say I do run out of the last step and want to order just some more of it, $30! The face wash alone, $40! SOOOO therefore the company gets you into just buying a whole new set/regimen because the whole thing is a lot cheaper than buying the individual steps! And like I mentioned in my preview as how I got started, the Unblemished is $180 plus tax and shipping which ends up to be a little more than $200. So yes I do agree, it is expensive. Or at least for a middle class southern girl it is! But you CAN save a good bit of money being a consultant, which I'll mention in a second, or a preferred customer. As far as the retail price goes though.... I see it as the fact that people will pay for whatever they think is worth it. Some girls think it is totally worth it to buy a $4 Starbucks drink every morning. Some girls see a $2,000 Louis Vuitton worth every penny. Everyone values where they put their money differently. But I see skincare as very important because I'm the one looking at my face everyday as well as my friends and family. I want it to look good! Also consider the fact that cheap products/procedures/etc. for your skin probably are not going to make a difference. To get results, you may have to give some money.

When I became a consultant and why...

Once I decided I really liked the products and wanted to eventually try others, I started looking at consultant perks and discounts. A different girl than the one that introduced me to the products posted on her Facebook a deal she was running. The deal was to sign up as a consultant under her for $150 and you can get 2 regimens and an eye cream. I knew that I would eventually need another, and my mom wanted to try the redefine herself. I had also considered being a consultant. This was a deal I just couldn't pass up! 

My opinion on being a consultant 

So now that I was a consultant, I was expected to pick up my business right then and there! I attended some workshops to learn the basics of selling R+F. Here's the rundown on selling their products...honestly.



  • You must hit 100 SV (sales volume) to even earn commission each month!
-That means you have to buy at consultant price or sell at retail price of $100 worth of products just to make 10% commission on further sales!! 

  • The PSQV (Personally Sponsored Qualifying Volume) must reach 600 to be considered as an executive consultant. This is a consultant that that is more active and has a pay of 15%
I could go into much more detail that would take forever to explain, but I just want to give basic facts so my points are made.


  • So the truth is you have to sell a lot of products in order to be promoted on your rank. And the bad thing is, it starts over each month! You also need to have consultants or "legs" under you to make more money. And they have to work in order for you to get a little off their profit. 
  • The bad thing is that consultants don't get the products a whole lot cheaper than retail because they also have to pay shipping (which is like $12) plus tax!
  • How most consultants make their money is buying the big business kits! These come with a lot of products and include a register for a new consultant to sell under you. But the kits are $695 or $995. If you're like me, a student that doesn't have money up front like that, then it isn't really an option. But this is how I got signed up and received my products at such a good price. The girl that I signed under paid for it but I was signed up as the new consultant. But this way, consultants are stuck with a bunch of products that they have to sell in order to make their money back.
-This is how I have bought all my products so cheap and the best perk of being a consultant. I was put into all the groups on Facebook that consultants sell their left over products to other consultants at good prices too!

What I have sold...

Overall I have made some profit on R+F or at least my money back for signing up! I have NOT made anyone order directly through rodan+fields.com because I didn't want them to have to pay shipping and tax because they were already spending a lot. I haven't sold a lot, but I simply bought from the higher selling consultants and sold at still a very good deal to my customers. 

  1. The Unblemished regimen (that I received in my deal for signing). $100
  2. Redefine Multifunction Eye cream (also received in my signing deal) $35
  3. Amp MD system $120 (I bought for $100 and made $20)
  4. Lash Boost $150 (I bought for $100 and made $50)
  5. Lash Boost $120 (I bought for $100 and made $20)
  6. Sunless Tanner $30 (made $10)
  7. Also R+F paid $100 because website crashed one month.

Overall thoughts...

I do love Rodan and Fields products and I agree they work! I come to conclusion that the only way to make bank as a consultant is working hard like a job everyday. It is obtainable and women that get to be highest level consultants with teams below them earn a Lexus. But I would honestly not suggest being a consultant if you have a full time job with no extra time on your hands or if you do not want to have to communicate with a bunch of people asking them to buy. I simply sold to my friends and family and took advantage of my consultant perks!



























Comments