It's The Little Things

Hebrews 11:5

 ...be content with such things you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Sometimes in life we never stop to notice the little things. We are always wanting and looking for big things like new cars, houses, jobs, etc to be content. Slowing down to stop and acknowledge some of the smaller, God given things on this earth helps us experience true happiness. 

Here are some little things that can put joy in my soul: 


1. Nature/Outdoors


               






Sometimes just taking a little walk through the woods or feeling a warm fire in the midst of a cool fall night can just be so peaceful and instantly make me happy. 




2. Dancing 






Yes, I dance for my school, and it does make me happy. But sometimes it's more stressful because we are performing. 

The best type of dancing is like in the bottom right picture when I'm just cutting loose with my friends. 

Or even at home if I've had a long day I'll turn some GOOD music on and dance in the living room, mirror, shower, etc!



3.  Kids!!











Ok so I know this one is not going to make everyone happy.... but anytime I'm around a baby or younger child I am just filled with JOY!!! (this is why I'm highly considering pediatrics as a future career) 

Ya'll just go check out my Pinterest board "Future Babies" if you find happiness from this!!







4.  Ice cream


Waffleberry Brownie Blast from Sonic!
My fav!!

Extreme Chocolate Ice Cream is a must make recipe. This No Churn Ice Cream is packed with Chocolate Chunks and Brownies! Inspired by my favorite Dairy Queen Blizzard flavor. Death By Chocolate never tasted so good!

Ok fat girl moment! But let's be honest, who doesn't feel happier after getting some ice cream!??



5.  Driving in my car


 


I recently got a Camaro for my 18th birthday/graduation. I absolutely love to let the top down and blast my music with the wind blowing in my hair. 

Driving has always made me happy, even when I had my other cars, I would let the windows down and jam. Even when I'm mad or upset I'll just go for a drive!



6. Coffee





If you don't drink coffee... well you just ain't livin' right! haha lol but seriously some days it is the only reason I get out of bed! I love all types of coffee: iced, hot, frappes! It gives me energy and overall makes me feel better so I can slay the day.



7. Makeup 



Ok ya'll probably could have guessed this one, but for real, going to Walmart and buying some new makeup product that is cheap makes me so happy! 

Just going into Ulta or Sephora makes me ecstatic, even though I want to buy everything in there!



8. THE BEACH





This is literally my happy place!! I don't have to even be doing anything, just being there makes me happy! So if you live close to a beach, unlike me, embrace it.



9.  Friends/Socializing









Ok this one might seem a little cliche' but it's so true. When I'm in a bad mood, sometimes I have to make myself go out and do something with my friends.

I'm always so much happier afterward and glad that I chose to go out.  Socializing really can bring happiness without necessarily doing anything expensive, just laughing with friends!




10. The South








Honestly LOVE where I live and it's the little things about the south that make it the best. Riding four wheelers, shooting skeet, watching the sun set, riding horses, tailgating, even eating at the old cafes in town- everything about the simple life in the south makes me happy! 

If it is difficult to discover the little things in your life that bring you happiness like this, you may want to reconsider how you're living or try new things that you actually might like/enjoy.

Comments